Zinc supplement (By mouth)
Treats problems caused by a lack of zinc in the body.
Galzin, IS-ZC 50, Natural Zinc, Orazinc 110, Orazinc 220, PharmAssure Chelated Zinc, PharmAssure Zinc, Sunmark Zinc, Zinc-220, Zn-50There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to zinc.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach, 1 hour before eating a meal or 2 hours after a meal. You may take this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach. Tell your doctor if you are taking this medicine with food.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing one dose is generally not a problem.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in a closed container, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using penicillamine or tetracycline. Make sure your doctor knows about all other supplements you are using, such as iron supplements or copper supplements.
- Avoid taking zinc at the same time you eat whole-grain bread or cereal, bran, milk, yogurt, cheese, or ice cream. These foods can keep your body from absorbing enough zinc.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach, vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/10/2021