Orphenadrine citrate/aspirin/caffeine (By mouth)
Aspirin (AS-pir-in), Caffeine (KAF-een), Orphenadrine Citrate (or-FEN-a-dreen SIT-rate)
Relieves mild to moderate muscle or bone pain.
Norgesic Forte, Orphengesic ForteThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to orphenadrine, aspirin, or caffeine, or if you have glaucoma, stomach or bowel blockage, esophagus problems, an enlarged prostate gland, bladder problems, or myasthenia gravis.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how orphenadrine/aspirin/caffeine works. Tell your doctor if you are using propoxyphene.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, stomach problems (including ulcer), or blood clotting problems.
- This medicine contains aspirin, which may cause a condition called Reye syndrome, especially in children with or recovering from a viral infection (including chicken pox, influenza).
- This medicine may cause confusion, tremors, or lightheadedness, or make you less alert than you are normally. Do not drive or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you. Sit or lie down if you feel dizzy. Stand up carefully.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Confusion, anxiety, tremors
- Severe seizures, continuous vomiting
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Dry mouth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/10/2021