Efgartigimod Alfa-fcab (By injection)
Efgartigimod Alfa-fcab (ef-gar-TIG-i-mod AL-fa - fcab)
Treats myasthenia gravis.
VyvgartThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to efgartigimod alfa-fcab.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein. The medicine must be given slowly, so the needle will have to remain in place for at least 1 hour.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- Missed dose: Call your doctor or pharmacist for instructions.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how efgartigimod alfa-fcab works. Tell your doctor if you are using a medicine that can weaken the immune system.
- This medicine may interfere with vaccines. Ask your doctor before you get a flu shot or any other vaccines. You should not receive live virus vaccines during treatment with this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease or any type of infection.
- This medicine may increase your risk of serious infections.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you urinate, lower back or side pain, difficult or painful urination
- Fever, chills, cough, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, body aches
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 8/5/2022