Cenobamate (By mouth)
Xcopri, Xcopri Maintenance Pack 250mg Daily Dose, Xcopri Maintenance Pack 350mg Daily Dose, Xcopri Titration Pack 12.5MG/25MG, Xcopri Titration Pack 150MG/200MG, Xcopri Titration Pack 50MG/100MGThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to cenobamate.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- This medicine should come with a Medication Guide. Ask your pharmacist for a copy if you do not have one.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how cenobamate works. Tell your doctor if you are using bupropion, carbamazepine, clobazam, lamotrigine, midazolam, omeprazole, phenobarbital, phenytoin, or birth control pills.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you use anything else that makes you sleepy. Some examples are allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, and alcohol.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, heart rhythm problems (including familial short QT syndrome), depression, or mental illness.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Heart rhythm problems (including QT shortening)
- Serious skin reactions, including drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS).
- This medicine may make you dizzy, drowsy, or clumsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will need to slowly decrease your dose before you stop it completely.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bloody or cloudy urine, troubled breathing, swelling of the face, feet, or lower legs
- Dark urine or pale stools, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain, yellow skin or eyes
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat, fainting
- Fever, skin rash, or swollen, painful, or tender lymph glands in neck, armpit, or groin
- Unusual changes in mood or behavior, unusual thoughts, trouble sleeping
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision, seeing double
- Changes in balance, clumsiness, or unsteadiness
- Dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, headache
- Feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and chrome browser.