Menthol/zinc oxide (On the skin)
Menthol (MEN-thol), Zinc Oxide (zink OX-ide)
Prevents and heals skin irritation.
Calmoseptine, Leader Multi-Purpose Moisture Barrier Ointment, Risamine, Zinc-Oxyde PlusThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Use this medicine 2 to 4 times daily, or as directed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Clean the affected area with mild soap and water. Allow the skin to dry before you apply the medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on deep or puncture wounds. You may use it on the skin around the wound.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/6/2020