Technetium tc 99m exametazime (By injection)
Technetium Tc 99m Exametazime (tek-NEE-shee-um Tc 99m ex-a-MET-a-zeem)
Used to help view blood flow in the brain. Also used to check for abdominal infection and disease.
CeretecThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to technetium or exametazime.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A doctor or other health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after you receive this medicine so you will pass more urine. This will help flush the medicine from your body.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed for at least 60 hours after you receive this medicine. Pump the milk and throw it away.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney disease.
- You will be exposed to radiation when you are given this medicine. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 3/29/2022