Alglucosidase alfa (By injection)
Alglucosidase Alfa (al-gloo-KOE-si-dase AL-fa)
Treats Pompe disease.
LumizymeThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to alglucosidase alfa.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- This medicine must be given slowly, so the needle will remain in place for a few hours.
- Missed dose: Call your doctor or pharmacist for instructions.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease or lung disease.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain, trouble breathing, cold sweats, blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- Fast, slow, or pounding heartbeat
- Fever, chills, sore throat, body aches
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Increased sweating
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/6/2020