Acetic acid (Inside the bladder)
Acetic Acid (a-SEE-tik AS-id)
Prevents bladder infections caused by bacteria from an indwelling urinary catheter. Also helps prevent calcium from clogging the catheter.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given through your urinary catheter.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Blood in your urine
- Extreme weakness, tiredness, or confusion
- Pain when using this medicine
- Rapid breathing, trouble breathing, or nausea and vomiting
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or stinging around the catheter
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 3/29/2022