Melatonin (By mouth)
Advanced Sleep Melatonin, Basic's Melatonin, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Melatonin, Nature's Blend Melatonin, Optimum Melatonin, PharmAssure MelatoninThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to melatonin.
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Liquid, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Take your dose 20 minutes before your bedtime. You may take this medicine with or without food.
- The liquid may be taken directly or combined with water or juice.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, call your doctor or pharmacist for instructions.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using any tranquilizer medicines, or if you are also using any sedative medicines.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have an autoimmune condition. Make sure your doctor knows if you are feeling sad or depressed.
- This medicine may make you drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that might be dangerous if you are not alert.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling sluggish or tired in the morning.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/6/2020