Digoxin immune fab (Ovine) (By injection)
Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) (di-JOX-in i-MUNE fab OH-vine)
Treats an overdose of digoxin or digitoxin.
DigiFabThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is given to anyone who has a life-threatening overdose of digoxin or digitoxin.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease. Tell your doctor if you have an allergy to pineapple, papaya, or sheep because you have a higher risk of allergy to this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting
- Fast, slow, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
- Rapid weight gain, swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Trouble breathing, cold sweat, blue skin
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/19/2020