Chloroxine (On the skin)
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chloroxine or if you have open sores on your scalp.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Shake the medicine thoroughly before each use.
- Avoid getting the shampoo in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes with cool water.
- Apply this medicine to wet hair and massage it thoroughly into your scalp.
- Leave the lather on your scalp for at least 3 minutes, then rinse.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Repeat these steps and then rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat or direct light.
- Keep this and all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Your hair may become discolored after using this medicine, especially if your hair is light-colored (blond, gray, or bleached).
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Irritation and burning of scalp
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/19/2020