Teprotumumab-trbw (By injection)
Teprotumumab-trbw (tep-roe-TOOM-ue-mab - trbw)
Treats thyroid eye disease.
TepezzaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to teprotumumab-trbw.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy. It could harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant during treatment and for at least 6 months after your last dose.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, or bowel problems.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Infusion reactions
- Worsening of inflammatory bowel disease
- High blood sugar
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Fast or uneven heartbeat, trouble breathing
- Increase in how much or how often you urinate
- Increased hunger or thirst, dry mouth, blurred vision, sweating
- Severe diarrhea, stomach pain
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change or loss of taste
- Hair loss, dry skin
- Mild diarrhea, nausea, tiredness
- Muscle pain or spasm
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/29/2022