House dust mite allergen extract (By injection)
Dermatophagoides Farinae Extract, Dermatophagoides Pteronyssinus Extract
Used to diagnose and treat allergic reactions in patients with symptoms similar to dust mite allergy.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you have a history of severe allergic reactions.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given as a shot under your skin.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- You will need to have a skin test for allergies before you receive this medicine.
- You will be observed for at least 20 to 30 minutes for any severe reactions after receiving an injection.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how this medicine works. Tell your doctor if you are using any of the following:
- Asthma medicine (including ephedrine, terbutaline)
- Blood pressure medicine (including propranolol)
- Steroid medicine
- Tricyclic antidepressant
- Other medicines to treat allergy
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart or blood vessel disease, lung disease or breathing problems (including asthma), autoimmune disease, or any type of infection.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain, trouble breathing or swallowing
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Redness, pain, swelling, itching skin where the shot was given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/29/2022