Hydrocortisone/iodoquinol (On the skin)
Hydrocortisone Acetate (hye-droe-KOR-ti-sone AS-e-tate), Iodoquinol (eye-oh-doe-KWIN-ol)
Treats skin problems. This medicine contains a corticosteroid.
Iodoquimez-HC, VytoneThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to hydrocortisone or iodoquinol.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Use this medicine as directed. You must use it for the full time of treatment to clear up your skin problem completely.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor. Do not use under a child's diaper unless the doctor tells you to.
- Missed dose: Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine may stain your skin, hair, or clothes.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 8/28/2020