Crofelemer (By mouth)
Treats noninfectious diarrhea in patients with HIV/AIDS.
MytesiThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
Delayed Release Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- Missed dose:Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Cough, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 8/28/2020