Anidulafungin (By injection)
Treats infections caused by a fungus. This medicine is an antifungal.
EraxisThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to anidulafungin or similar medicines, or if you have fructose intolerance (genetic disease).
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein. It should be given slowly, so the needle will have to stay in place for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding , or if you have liver disease.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Liver problems
- Increased risk of polysorbate toxicity in low-birth weight infants
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Dark urine or pale stools, loss of appetite, stomach pain, yellow skin or eyes
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea or vomiting
- Fever, chills, cough, sore throat, and body aches
- Shaking, trembling, sweating, faintness or lightheadedness, hunger, confusion, fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
- Sores or white patches on your lips, mouth, or throat
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/29/2022