Chondroitin/hyaluronate (Into the eye)
Chondroitin (kon-DROY-tin), Hyaluronate Sodium (hye-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Used in eye surgery.
DisCoVisc, Duovisc, ViscoatThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chondroitin or hyaluronate. This product contains dry natural rubber (latex). Tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to latex in the past.
How to Use This Medicine:
- This medicine will be injected into your eye during surgery.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision, itching or burning of your eyes.
- Severe headache or pain in your eyes.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 9/4/2019