Testolactone (By mouth)
Treats some types of breast cancer in women.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you are a male who has breast cancer. You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to testolactone.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
If a dose is missed:
- This medicine needs to be given on a fixed schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor for instructions.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using blood thinner medicine that you take by mouth. Your blood thinner dose may need to be changed while you are using testolactone.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Numbness or tingling.
- Skin rash.
- Swelling in your arms or legs.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Body aches.
- Hair loss or changes in nail growth.
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/29/2022