Health Tip: Managing a Poison Ivy Rash
(HealthDay News) -- A poison ivy rash is caused by coming in contact with the oil found in the plant. The rash is very itchy and can be accompanied by redness, swelling, hives and crusting skin, says the American Academy of Dermatology.
To manage a poison ivy rash, the academy suggests:
A poison ivy rash is not contagious. If you have trouble breathing or swallowing, the academy urges you to go to the emergency room immediately.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.