This exercise strengthens the muscles that hold your shoulder blade, or scapula.
- Lie flat on your back on a table.
- Raise both arms and elbows straight up.
- Hold this position throughout the exercise.
- Reach towards the ceiling by lifting your shoulder blades off the table.
- Relax your shoulder blades back to the table, then repeat around 10 times.
All movement should come only from raising or lowering your shoulder blades.
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.