Tay-Sachs - resourcesResources - Tay-Sachs
The following organizations provide information on Tay-Sachs disease:
Tay-Sachs disease is a life-threatening disease of the nervous system passed down through families.Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/tay-sachs-disease/
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center -- rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/7737/tay-sachs-disease
- National Human Genome Research Institute -- www.genome.gov/Genetic-Disorders/Tay-Sachs-Disease
- National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases Association -- www.ntsad.org/
- National Organization for Rare Disorders -- rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/tay-sachs-disease/
Central nervous system and peripheral nervous system - illustration
The central nervous system comprises the brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system includes all peripheral nerves.
Central nervous system and peripheral nervous system
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.