Chronic refers to something that continues over an extended period of time. A chronic condition is usually long-lasting and does not easily or quickly go away.
Chronic is the opposite of acute.
Taber's Medical Dictionary Online website. www.tabers.com/tabersonline. Accessed March 7, 2019.
- Living with a chronic illness - reaching out to others
- Living with a chronic illness - dealing with feelings
- Managing your chronic back pain
- COPD - quick-relief drugs
- Day to day with COPD
- COPD flare-ups
- Hemodialysis access - self care
- COPD - control drugs
- COPD - how to use a nebulizer
- Using oxygen at home
Review Date: 2/7/2019
Reviewed By: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.