Chronic refers to something that continues over an extended period of time. A chronic condition is usually long-lasting and does not easily or quickly go away.
Chronic is the opposite of acute.
Taber's Medical Dictionary Online website. www.tabers.com/tabersonline. Accessed April 15, 2021.
- Managing your chronic back pain
- Living with a chronic illness - dealing with feelings
- Living with a chronic illness - reaching out to others
- COPD - quick-relief drugs
- Day to day with COPD
- COPD flare-ups
- Hemodialysis access - self care
- COPD - control drugs
- COPD - how to use a nebulizer
- Using oxygen at home
Review Date: 1/16/2021
Reviewed By: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.