Loss of a child - resourcesChild death - resources; Resources - loss of a child
The following organizations are good resources for information on the loss of a child:
- Bereaved Parents of the USA -- www.bereavedparentsusa.org
- Helping Parents Heal -- www.helpingparentsheal.org
- March of Dimes -- www.marchofdimes.org/complications/dealing-with-grief-after-the-death-of-your-baby.aspx
- MISS Foundation -- missfoundation.org/
- The Compassionate Friends -- www.compassionatefriends.org
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 1/24/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.