Alzheimer - resourcesResources - Alzheimer
The following organizations are good resources for information on Alzheimer disease:
Dementia is a loss of brain function that occurs with certain diseases. Alzheimer disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia. It affects memo...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- Alzheimer's Association -- www.alz.org
- National Institute on Aging -- www.nia.nih.gov/health/alzheimers
- Alzheimers.gov -- www.alzheimers.gov
- BrightFocus Foundation -- www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/aging/aginginfo/alzheimers.htm
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center -- rarediseases.info.nih.gov/search-result/Lupus
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/alzheimer-disease/
Aged nervous tissue - illustration
Aged nervous tissue is less able to rapidly communicate with other neural tissues.
Aged nervous tissue
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.