Incontinence - resourcesResources - incontinence
The following organizations are good resources for information on incontinence.
Fecal (bowel) incontinence
Bowel incontinence is the loss of bowel control, causing you to unexpectedly pass stool. This can range from sometimes leaking a small amount of sto...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders -- aboutincontinence.org/
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/bowel-control-problems-fecal-incontinence
- The Simon Foundation for Continence -- simonfoundation.org/fecal-bowel-incontinence/
Urinary (or bladder) incontinence occurs when you are not able to keep urine from leaking out of your urethra. The urethra is the tube that carries ...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/bladder-control-problems
- National Association for Continence -- www.nafc.org/urinary-incontinence
- The Simon Foundation for Continence -- simonfoundation.org/category/types-of-incontinence/
- Urology Care Foundation -- www.urologyhealth.org/urology-a-z/u/urinary-incontinence
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.