Celiac disease - resourcesResources - celiac disease
If you have celiac disease, it is very important that you receive counseling from a registered dietitian who specializes in celiac disease and gluten-free diets. An expert can tell you where to buy gluten-free products and will share important resources that explain your disease and treatment.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition that damages the lining of the small intestine. This damage comes from a reaction to eating gluten. This ...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
A dietitian can also provide counseling on conditions that commonly occur with celiac disease, such as:
The following organizations provide additional information:
- Celiac Disease Foundation -- celiac.org
- National Celiac Association -- nationalceliac.org
- Gluten Intolerance Group -- gluten.org
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/celiac-disease
- Beyond Celiac -- www.beyondceliac.org
- US National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus -- medlineplus.gov/celiacdisease.html
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.