Blindness - resourcesResources - blindness
The following organizations are good resources for information on blindness:
Blindness is a lack of vision. It may also refer to a loss of vision that cannot be corrected with glasses or contact lenses. Partial blindness mean...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- American Foundation for the Blind -- www.afb.org/default.aspx
- Foundation Fighting Blindness -- www.fightingblindness.org
- National Eye Institute -- www.nei.nih.gov
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped -- www.loc.gov/nls
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/visionhealth/index.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvisionhealth%2Fhome%2Findex.html
- American Council for the Blind -- www.acb.org/
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.