Family troubles - resourcesTroubled families - resources; Child abuse - resources; Incest - resources; Resources - family troubles; Resources - incest; Resources - child abuse
Child physical abuse is a serious problem. Here are some facts:Most children are abused at home or by someone they know. They often love this perso...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
Domestic violence is when a person uses abusive behavior to control a partner or other family member. The abuse can be physical, emotional, economic...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline -- www.thehotline.org
- Prevent Child Abuse America -- preventchildabuse.org
- National Runaway Safeline -- www.1800runaway.org
- Administration for Children & Families -- www.acf.hhs.gov
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) -- www.rainn.org
- Childhelp -- www.childhelp.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/index.html
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.