Spina bifida - resourcesResources - spina bifida
The following organizations are good resources for information on spina bifida:
Myelomeningocele is a birth defect in which the backbone and spinal canal do not close fully before birth. The condition is a type of neural tube de...Read Article Now Book Mark Article
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/spinabifida
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center -- rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/7673/spina-bifida
- March of Dimes -- www.marchofdimes.org/complications/spina-bifida.aspx
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/health-information/disorders/spina-bifida
- Spina Bifida Association -- www.spinabifidaassociation.org
- US National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus -- medlineplus.gov/spinabifida.html
Review Date: 11/12/2022
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David C. Dugdale, MD, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- A.D.A.M., a business unit of Ebix, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.
Content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.